Tuesday, March 08, 2011

P-town is the Best!

Usually, during my February break, I go visit grandma or my parents. Even though I'm all growed up, I feel compelled to go visit and spend time with my family. This year, however, it just felt like WAY too much, especially with all of the snow that's been hitting their home base of the Tri-State area. What I REALLY needed this year was a few days away. I wanted some R &R, some peace and quiet, some time with my man and my doggie. I knew that if I stayed at home I would probably work all week and then feel frustrated and upset that I was still stressed out and didn't actually get a break. And, if I did that, it would be no one's fault but my own. So, I did some google-fu, talked to some peeps, and came up with a plan. The plan was Provincetown on Cape Cod!

I had never been to P-town before (or anywhere on Cape Cod for that matter), but according to the internets, it is one of the dog-friendliest places on Earth. Sure, it was the middle of winter, which made it off-off season to go to Cape Cod. That was just dandy with me; I could book a place at an affordable rate and have a scouting mission to see if I'd want to go back closer to the regular season.

The trip worked out remarkably well! Usually, I leave trips and plans and stuff to my other half. This time, I picked the location and the inn we stayed at. I am quite pleased with myself!

We stayed at Four Gables, in the Daisy Mae cottage, a stand-alone studio cottage with a queen bed, kitchenette, and fireplace. It was a dream! Bob and Gary, the guys who run the show are friendly, knowledgeable, and all-around awesome. The cottage was super clean, affordable and best of all, it was dog friendly. Our doggie, Cisco, loved the place and quickly made himself at home. Other qualities I appreciated about this venue are that all of the energy is generated from renewable sources, and there are recycling and compost bins available. Four Gables is located in the West End of town; this makes it a bit out of the way, but still only a short walk to downtown. The inn-keepers even provide two bikes for you to use during your stay, should you feel like biking instead of walking.

Daisy Mae felt like a home away from home.

I definitely want to visit again soon, and I liked the spaciousness of visiting in the off season. I don't know how much I'd enjoy the town during peak season. Stay tuned for more vacation posts, including places we went - not much was open this time of year, but we found some choice morsels and of course, a Cape Cod yarn crawl!

No comments: