Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Won the Knitting Lottery!

Boy, am I a lucky knitter! Since I have no finished objects of which to speak, let me share some of the wonderful fiber related goodies I managed to get my hands on over the holidays...sometimes it's not such a bad thing if everyone think's you're fiber obsessed.














Gifts from the mother:

The Happy Hooker
- I haven't done much crochet, but the patterns in this book make me want to start. I've been wanting it for a while.

One Skein and Spin to Knit - Two books on my must have list for a while.

Knitted Flowers
, Exquisite Little Knits, and Victorian Lace Today - These books are pure splurge. They're for when I just want to knit something absolutely luxurious or fancy.

I am SO glad that I had these on my holiday list, I can hardly contain myself.

From the sister: Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns and Chick Knits. These weren't on my knitting wish list, but they are very cool. It was awfully sweet of my muggle sister to scour the bookstore for some good-looking knitting books. Chick Knits has some knit-worthy projects and they come on neat little project cards. The Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns will be a much appreciated reference book as time goes on. While I am not as ambitions as A Year in Stitches, I may just cast on for a few swatches. I am thinking of designing a stole and this might be the perfect guide to help me along.


And from my daddy, who loves to spoil me:

My very first EZ book, The Opinionated Knitter, the Stich'N bitch 2007 calendar (I wanted this one because I had the knitting pattern a day calendar last year and wanted something with a little more oomph...), and At Knit's End, the only Stephanie Pearl-McPhee book that I don't already own. My daddy does his homework. I have Stephanie's book by my bed. I read a few pages before I go to sleep at knit. I also really like the EZ book; I'm reading it now and dreaming of the projects I will one day knit.





As if these weren't enough, my daddy also got me this:



It's a dellaQ circular needle organizer! I love this case. It fits all of my circular needles (and I have a lot). Now, my circular needle collection is contained within this case and my Boye needle case (which, of course, holds the needles it came with). For one of my next projects, I want to knit a felted needle roll to hold all of my double pointed needles. I've seen some patterns and knit up model at this store. Oh no, gentle blogsters, my father did not stop there. You see, in order to obtain these delightful goodies for his much loved daughter, my dad went to the yarn store. And, he must've reasoned that he shouldn't go to the yarn store and not buy yarn, so my beloved father, man of my heart, BOUGHT ME YARN. And not just any yarn - good, delectable, luscious yarn. Pics to follow at a later date.



I feel like I won the knitting lottery.

No comments: