Monday, October 23, 2006

Vermont Sheep and Wool

Last month, I went to the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival. It was fab-u-lous!

I saw these fine creatures:



And this one:



And finally...



...this cutie pie! This shetland was sooo cute and small and friendly that I immediately had visions of sheep fairies leaving little flocks on my doorstep.

At some point, I may post a picture of the measly two skeins of yarn I purchased. However, the big haul for this adventure was...



This is a hitchhiker wheel from The Merlin Tree. It's my very first spinning wheel. YAY! I chose this wheel for several reasons: it's affordable; it's small; it's portable; it's cute, and finally, the proprietors of this small, VT company are good people. The designers of this wheel (who also happen to be the founders of the company) are both middle school teachers, like me. Check 'em out.

Of course, once I got the wheel, I went shopping for some roving. Here's what I got:



The first photo is of my confetti roving and the second two photos are of a colorway called ruby twist. I also bought a natural blend called #1 BFL that the sales person suggested would be a good choice with which to start spinning. All of the roving is from Copper Moose.

Do you spin? Drop me a comment and let me know your fiber/wheel/spindle of choice. I'd also love to know about your favorite fiber source.

No comments: